What will students learn in your course?
- Apply the 5-step design thinking process to a design challenge in your organization.
- Empathize with your user through interviews and observations, in order to take a human-centered approach to a problem.
- Define your core problem by synthesizing and analyzing information gathered during your empathy work.
- Ideate solutions to your problem by brainstorming using "How might we..." statements.
- Prototype your ideas rapidly to identify the best possible solution for your problem.
- Test your prototypes with users to gather feedback on your proposed solution.
- Pitch design thinking to your team or organization using storytelling.
What are the requirements or prerequisites for taking your course?
- You should be comfortable in the skills of your own profession in order to effectively apply design thinking principles to a challenge relevant to your fie
Who is the course for?
- Employees looking for a structured way to develop innovative ideas that will appeal to their audience.
- Human Resources employees looking to develop a more human-centered approach to their workplace trainings and programs.
- Product managers looking to push their teams to focus on the user experience when designing new features.
- This course is NOT for formally trained designers, or those who already have a high-level understanding of the design thinking process.